Monday, November 30, 2009

Hawk invasion



For at least 6 months there has been an osprey that sleeps on our neighbor's sailboat every night. He usually comes in right before dark. Last night I heard him screaming and looked out the window to see a hawk sitting in his spot. He flew around the hawk several times but the hawk refused to move. I went outside and took the above first shot. I occasionally see red shouldered hawks in our neighborhood but this was the first time I had seen him sitting on the sailboat. Right after I took the first shot the osprey came flying back around to try and get the hawk to leave. I went back side the house and right as it was getting dark I checked outside and the hawk had left and the osprey was sitting in his favorite spot.

I shot the below picture as well before I went inside. The almost full moon was hanging over our yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment