Saturday, December 26, 2009

Flowers and small birds

Palm warbler in the grass.


Mockingbird posing (as usual).

I think this is a grey gnatcatcher.

Dead flowers in the field.


Flowers trying to survive the wind.
Before we left for Atlanta to visit relatives for Christmas I visited the Circle B Bar reserve in Lakeland. It was cold and windy on Tuesday morning. There wasn't a lot of people there, nor animals around for that matter. For the first time ever I did not see a single alligator there. They must have been hiding under water. I did manage to catch a few pictures of smaller birds. The flock of white pelicans there seem to be growing. More on those later.






1 comment:

  1. Simple and beautiful .. ... I love the birds in the garden are the best with your sound

    ReplyDelete