Monday, July 5, 2010

More yellow crowned night herons at work.




I recently got a phone call from my friend, Pam, at work. She left a message - "There's another heron's nest in the back of the parking lot, 2 trees over from the bridge." I brought my camera the next day and driving into work, I stopped and snapped the above pictures. The first 2 pictures are of the babies and the last picture is one of the parents. The babies still have all of the brown coloring but they are getting big. They will soon be flying around looking for their own food. There's a lot of ponds on the property at work so there are some good eats to be found. Hopefully, they'll stick around.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful herons.
    Great shots Dina.
    Have a great week.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are great - they look a bit like painted!

    ReplyDelete