Sunday, October 3, 2010

Little birds at Chesnut Park



Male cardinal keeping an eye on me.

 

Female cardinal posing.


I'm guessing the above is a yellow throated warbler. I looked it up but all of these tiny birds are starting to look alike.



Caroline Wren


Tufted titmouse.



Blue jay was about to eat a bug.

The recent trip to John Chesnut park in north Pinellas county provided some small migrating birds. There were tons of little birds there but it's so hard to catch them on camera. I got a lot more little bird pictures but they were a blurry mess. Those little guys don't sit long and pose like big water birds do. Plus I was getting a neck cramp after looking up high in the trees with my camera. My goal this trip was to find a few new small birds to capture. The warbler and wren were firsts for me. I've only gotten one picture of a titmouse from earlier this spring but this one was a little better. Migrating season is still going on so I'll keep trying.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful captures at the park Dina.
    Have a great week.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete