Thursday, August 18, 2011

The view from my beach chair - Skywatch Friday


Hubby and I try and head to the beach at least once a month if not more depending on the weather. This trip we spent most of our time in the water. It was just too hot to sit and read a book. I didn't even feel like walking 30 minutes down to the fishing pier to take pictures. Since I had my camera with me I pulled it out and snapped a few pictures to show you our view each month.


We had 2 oystercatchers feeding right in front of us for a while. They hung out along the water's edge. I took this from the beach chair.


I realized when I got home that I have seen this one before. He's got the TT bands on each leg. I reported him on a banding site earlier in the spring.


When I turn around in my beach chair, this is what I see. There's a small trail through these sand dunes to get to the parking area.

For more skyscape photography from around the world, visit Skywatch Friday.

8 comments:

  1. those are gorgeous! thanks for, um, making the effort to go out of your way for these shots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those scenes.
    REally pretty. Luckily I can't feel the heat :-)
    Must be bad if it stopped you from taking bird pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had that view from my chair;) Really nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shot where the oystercatcher is wading in the wave!! His bill looks too long for the size of him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up a block form the Atlantic Ocean, but I never remember ever see an oystercatcher. I did not know anything about the ringing until I noticed the rings on the birds in your photos. Then I started searching the net trying to figure it all out. I am thinking that this is a way of tracking the population. I really have enjoyed this post. genie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's rough livin'. Love that oystercatcher -- beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks exactly like our spot on Anna Maria Island!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gret series Dina!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River.

    ReplyDelete