Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day kayaking


It was hot. Even the great blue heron was panting. He was on a neighbor's dock.



Tide was very low in upper Tampa Bay.

Labor Day was a good day to labor in my kayak. I went out for a couple of hours in the upper Tampa Bay area (near Rocky Point). The tide was really low. I probably could have walked west from Rocky Point along the northern mangroves to the bridge on Courtney Campbell and not gotten my knees wet. I had to stay in the boat channels to keep from hitting my paddle on the ground. Not many birds out in the middle of the afternoon. I did paddle by a great blue heron panting in the heat. No sign of manatees or dolphins. I think the low tide was keeping them out of the area. It was still great exercise though.

Caught this sunset out my back door. An osprey was flying by.

No comments:

Post a Comment