Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Eagle Lake Park

Baby mallard swimming around.


More babies.

The usual red winged blackbird.
Green heron hiding in the bushes.
There's a new park in town and it's called Eagle Lake Park. It's in Largo and it was the original home of the Taylor family who started one of the first citrus packing plants in Florida. Largo was original known as "Citrus City" back in the early 1900's. The park is beautifully landscaped with great bike paths, walking paths, boardwalks over the lakes and playgrounds. The original house built by the Taylor family in 1929 still stands there but I did not have a chance to check it out while I was there after work one day last week. There were a ton of people there and not too many birds. I walked halfway through the park thinking I wouldn't even take my camera out of my backpack. I found a handful of baby ducks in one of the lakes. Right before I was leaving I saw the above green heron hiding in the bushes. I'll try and check out the park later in the summer after the newness dies down. There is suppose to be several eagle nests in the park but I did not see any nests in the trees.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my. More different birds.

    I did get to see my first Gray Catbird of the season a while ago. I was pleased as punch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Babiew and older.
    Great photographs again.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete