Saturday, April 3, 2010

Non-bird animals at Kapok Park







I stopped by Kapok Park on the way home from work one day this week. I was very disappointed to find out when I got there that the boardwalk that runs over the lake and along side of it had caught on fire last weekend. Part of it was completely gone. Park officials had the entire boardwalk fenced off. I'm sure it will be forever before it gets fixed. The boardwalk was a great viewing spot for all of the lake. I ended up wandering around the rest of park and did manage to see some other animals besides birds. There were 3 rabbits running around the park. I managed to get pictures of the 2 above. As I was leaving, I noticed a ripple in the water along the river before the big lake. I stopped and saw 2 river otters swimming around. They were moving fast and only stuck their heads out of the water but I managed to get the above shots.

1 comment:

  1. Hеllo thеrе I am so grateful I found your wеblog, Ι reallу found
    you by accident, while I was searсhing on Yahoo for something else,
    Nοnеthеless I am here now and would just lіke to sаy сheeгѕ for а incгeԁiblе post and a all round enjoyable blog
    (I also loѵe the themе/ԁesign), I dοn’t have tіme
    to gо through it all at the mіnute but I have bookmarkeԁ it and alѕο added in уour RЅS feeds,
    so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Plеase do
    keep up the suρеrb jo.

    Also visit mу web blog :: tx search engine optimization company

    ReplyDelete