Thursday, January 27, 2011

Osprey misses a fish - Skywatch Friday







I was at Chesnut Park recently and saw an osprey flying overhead. He seemed to be hovering in one spot. A few seconds later he flew down and went for the fish. He came up empty clawed. I was bummed. I'm sure he was too. I thought he would go for another try but after hovering again for a few minutes he flew off across the lake. Maybe it was peer pressure.

These are the first pictures I took with my new camera. I finally bought the new Nikon D7000. After breezing through the manual, I took off for the park. I made a mental list of things to look up when I got home and spent most of the Saturday afternoon studying it. I think I'm going to like this new camera. It takes up more space on a memory card. When I put a new 8g card in my old D90 it would tell me I could take almost 1,000 pictures with it. When I put in a new 8g with the D7000 it said I could take a little over 500. I'm really going to have to keep my files edited down on my laptop.

For more skyscape photography from around the world, visit http://skyley.blogspot.com/.

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful series. The ones in the reeds are my favorites - I love the color and the action. Enjoy the new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh la la! Nice shots from your new camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome series on the Osprey fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great action shots...how exciting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Dina, those are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice shot,I wonder how you guyz succeed to take such snaps. Recently I've seen same kind of snaps in another blog. Nice, I will try harder to get the shots.

    Vrinda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found lots of very good birdphotod on your site. this serie is great. My favourite is the 5'th wich looks strange and quite fun. The background color suits perfect
    Btw yous header is so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the new camera. It's doing good things for you already! We won't get our ospreys back until late March, then I'll photograph them!

    ReplyDelete