Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Spoonbill at Carillon Park





I'm nominating June to be official spoonbill month. A while ago I was thinking I hadn't seen any spoonbills for a while. Now I'm seeing them everywhere. I took a walk after work at Carillon Park. It's 5 minutes from work and has a small lake that is surrounded by office buildings and a hotel. There wasn't too much there that night. I went to look for a baby bittern that I had seen reported on Pinellasbirds.com. No luck. At least not while I was there. After work a lot of people are jogging on the boardwalk so that might scare some of the birds away. I did find a beautiful spoonbill that I'm sure felt like I was following him around. I was just walking around the boardwalk but he kept flying in front of me instead of behind me. 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful birds and great photographs Dina.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spoonbills are as gorgeous as flamingos, ours are just plain white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was thinking like arija above that they're so PINK! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how well you got his reflection. The flight shots really show-off the pink feathers.
    This cool bird must have wanted you to make him famous!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those first two photos are spectacular, Dina.
    I agree with Jean, he probably considers you his portraitist.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH that pink is awesome...Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are superb shots of a beautiful bird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a remarkably beautiful bird! I really like that last frame with the leg raised!

    ReplyDelete