Monday, June 13, 2011

Stop following me


"Hey, lady, where's the bread?


"Who us?"



"Don't turn around."

"We're walking over here now. We're not following you"


"I'm too cute to resist."


"Really, we were just looking for the lake."

I was walking around Lake Morton in Lakeland a couple of weekends ago looking for baby swans. As I was walking, these 2 baby ducks walked up to me. I'm sure they wanted to be fed since people are constantly feeding the wild things floating in the water. I said "I don't have anything for you. Go find some bugs." and kept on walking. I happened to look back and realized that they were following me. I stopped and said "I have no food." and tried to ignore them. A few minutes later I looked back and they were still following me. A man, sitting on a bench reading a book, started laughing. I walked by and he said "I think they're going to keep following you." I finally reached a spot around the lake where there a lot of ducks and geese and walked into the middle of them and the baby ducks got lost in the crowd. I snuck away and kept going. 

Go and check out more MyWorld images at the MyWorld Site!  My World.

9 comments:

  1. ha ha! worse than a dog on the street! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, I am glad that I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great series Dina!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, they are CUTE! Especially that one with a tuft on his noggin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiding yourself from baby ducks. Oh, Dina, what fun!
    That one who is having a bad hair day is the cutest thing ever, isn't it?
    Great photos. Love 'em.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cute! I had an experience with ducklings following me! They do tend to follow us -hahaha. Nice capture -so bright and clear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid set of pictures - only a duck could carry off a "hair cut" like that and get away with it!

    Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are terribly good and well composed too. Such cute swans.

    ReplyDelete