Sunday, May 2, 2010

Baby owl at Fort Desoto

Baby great horned owl.


Big baby yellow eyes!


Baby in the nest with Mom sitting above hiding behind the pine needles.

Mom sitting close by.

The above baby is probably one of the most photographed babies in the Tampa Bay area. The great horned owl baby is sitting on a tiny nest near the North Beach at Fort Desoto Park. Just look for the tree with all of the photographers standing underneath looking up. The baby was very animated and closely watching a handful of white ibis feeding on the ground underneath the nest. He's almost the size of the parent so he'll be flying soon. I don't know if I'll make it back down to the park again before he is gone.

3 comments:

  1. I found a baby owl in my backyard today

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not my first time to pay a quick visit this web page, i am browsing this web page dailly and take fastidious information from here daily.

    My blog post; mohawk-radio.com

    ReplyDelete