Thursday, August 26, 2010

Skywatch Friday - Fort Desoto beach

Beautiful sea oats at Fort Desoto beach. This was taken 2 weekends ago. I think it might have been the last time I saw blue sky and the sun. It's been raining almost every day since.



For more skyscape photography from around the world, visit http://skyley.blogspot.com/.




Another trip to my favorite place, Fort Desoto. It was very hot and there were hardly any shorebirds around. I only had my small point and shoot in the beach bag so I didn't take a lot of pictures. Hubby and I were sitting in our beach chairs and a ranger pulls up in a truck near us and starts to rope off the above turtle nest site. I was tempted to run over and ask him how he knew there was a turtle nest there. It was in the middle of a row of sand dunes. I guess early that morning someone noticed a turtle track leading there and notified them. I stopped and took a picture as we were leaving. The little grasshopper was sitting close by.

5 comments:

  1. Love that white sand & blue skies!

    Happy SWF - Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad for rain but I like the sea oats. They don't grow here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your first shot, looks like a beautiful place. Cool capture of the grasshopper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images Dina... These are just like dreams ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an amazing job on your photos. Usually grasshoppers are not still long enough. You have a very nice blog and I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete