Monday, June 21, 2010

Birds at Honeymoon Island (and a crab too).


Two baby opsrey letting me know it's their trail I'm walking on. (It is called Osprey Trail at Honeymoon Island for a reason.)

One of the parents looking around.


Willet

Cormorant going for a swim.


Loney least tern on the beach.
Last weekend I went to Honeymoon Island to walk the Opsrey Trail. I hadn't been there in several months. It was so hot, even early in the morning. There's not much going on there except for ospreys. Lots of them still hanging around the nests. I didn't see many other birds until I got out on the beach. There was a controlled burn done recently on the first part of the trail, so that may have scared off some of the birds for a while. The northern beach did not have much bird traffic as well. I think my next trip out to the trail will not be until the eagles come back, hopefully December. I did see the below crab on shoreline.


3 comments:

  1. Must be a good place for bird-watching.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue crab makes me want to eat some crab shala.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh! I love those babies. They are all eyes.

    ReplyDelete