Thursday, June 10, 2010

New macro filters





I bought a new set of macro filters to add on my lens last week. I didn't want to spend the money for a macro lens right now and I heard this was a great way to get some close ups. I spent one afternoon this weekend taking some pictures with the new filters in my backyard. You just screw the filter on the end of the lens. It really did let me get closer to the object. It is harder to focus though. I had to manually focus on everything. You are suppose to use a tripod when you do macro photography. Of course, it didn't make it out of the closet.
The filters are great for flowers and lizards but I'm sure it will be hard to get any closer with birds. Except for the one below. I had to get a close up of my cockatiel, Buddy. Buddy is 17 years old and loves to pose for the camera. He will walk right up and peck at the camera. My other cockatiel is scared to death of the camera so I don't get her picture often.

1 comment:

  1. I think these filters are magic.
    Or you have the magic eye behind your lens.
    The photographs are great.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete