Friday, June 25, 2010

Skywatch Friday - Went kayaking



I went kayaking in the upper Tampa Bay channels (my backyard) last weekend. When I paddle out to the end of our channel this is where I end up. There were storms across the bay but it took a couple of hours for it to reach me. I kayaked for 2 hours before I could hear the thunder and then paddled quickly back to my house. Of course the storms fooled me and never made it to my house that afternoon.



For more skyscape photography from around the world, visit http://skyley.blogspot.com/.






Least tern sitting on a crab trap.


Osprey sitting on a channel marker.


There's always cormorants sitting on the channel markers.


Last weekend was a quiet trip. Again, I didn't see any dolphins or manatees. This is my 2nd trip out in a couple of weeks without seeing either. Last summer I didn't see manatees until August. They hung around until mid-November, then headed for warmer waters for the winter.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful captures. It looks like it was a lovely day in spite of the storms hovering on the horizon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it would be a fun trip. Plenty of birds are watching you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scenery Dina. Great Skies
    Beautiful photographs
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was playing a cat and mouse game with the storms last weekend when I kayaked the Econlockhatchee River. Luckily, I didn't get caught in them.

    ReplyDelete