Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Waste plant birds

A group of great egrets looking at their reflection.

Four baby moorhens across the ditch. The parents were close by.


The duck snuck up on the spoony and spooked him.


Several families hanging out in the ditches at the waste plant.



Spoonbill watching me take pictures.
One day last week I stopped by the ditches that run along the Pinellas County waste plant. It was a rare day with no rain on the way home. The ditches were full from all of the recent rain and the birds seemed to be enjoying the sun and water. There was one spoonbill hanging out with a lot of other birds and ducks. At first he seemed interested in what I was doing but after a few minutes he went back to looking for food in the water.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos of the waste plant birds Dina! The Spoonbill is gorgeous but I must say that my favorite is the line of baby Moorhens. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete