Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sundown on Gandy Beach - Skywatch Friday



One last stop on the way home from work happened the week before the time changed. I stopped at the Gandy bridge beach because it is so close to work. It got dark fast. There were a lot of birds on the beach. Most were trying to sleep but there were a handful of people there and some had dogs. 

For more skyscape photography from around the world, visit http://skyley.blogspot.com/.



Black skimmers flying away from a barking dog. This looks like a classic Florida boat to me.


Black skimmers coming back to the beach. He's looking at me like "where'd that dog go?"


There's a huge population of plovers on Gandy beach.

Black bellied plover's got an itch.

Oystercatcher couple. There's usually a handful of oystercatchers on Gandy beach but you have to look for them. Often they hide at the far end by the utility tower.
Another black bellied plover in non-breeding colors. In the winter his belly and head are black.

5 comments:

  1. We've been getting some stunning sunsets lately. I'm so glad you were able to catch some. I love checking out the bird shots you get so I can identify what I see. You are so helpful! Your shots are always so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super shots and stunning sunset. I wish people wouldn't let their dogs just run crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I could tell you had a very good day. Great capture.

    Fiery sky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post Dina. I love that first one with this magnificent orange colors, but I do even love more the skimmers on the beach! That's a gorgeous shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like Hemingway might be in that boat.

    ReplyDelete