Thursday, September 16, 2010

Skywatch Friday - Almost dark at Fort Desoto.

I was standing on the fishing pier at Fort Desoto waiting for the sun to go down when I turned around and saw this big barge going into Tampa bay. The ships come between Fort Desoto and Egmont Key. Sometimes they seem to come so close. I always wonder where they are going and what it would be like to be on one of those big ships. I'd probably be seasick.



For more skyscape photography from around the world, visit http://skyley.blogspot.com/.








Two more pictures of Fort Desoto at sunset. I think this was 2 Tuesdays ago. It looks like in the middle picture that there was almost no one on the beach. I'm going to try and get there again at least once before the time changes and then it will be dark when I get off work.

5 comments:

  1. We try to get out to sunset often too. We have to squeeze it in now before time change and tourist season! Stunning photos! I really enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Dina! I wonder about these big boys, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always been fascinated by these big boats as well. Had a friend who's dad was a merchant marine and that sounded so glamorous growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an interesting boat, but my eye went to the bright touch of pink in the clouds. A very pretty sight.

    ReplyDelete