Thursday, September 30, 2010

Skywatch Friday - Sunset at Fort Desoto

A quick trip to Fort Desoto after work recently was worth the 30 minute drive to "stop by" and see if I could catch the sunset. Even though it was hot, the sky was perfect. In another month it will dark when I leave work so I'm not looking forward to that. Hopefully I can stock up on some great sunset pictures before then, since October is one of the best months here for them.

For more skyscape photography from around the world, visit http://skyley.blogspot.com/.


 




5 comments:

  1. That was certainly worth the visit, for that beautiful sunset. The colors are amazing and I love when the rays of light are shining up like that. I will miss all of our pretty clouds we've had this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. You're really making me want to take a trip across the Skyway and visit DeSoto. I haven't been there in over a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some beautiful shots. I posted a Gulf of Mexico sunset with birds too, lol! I have one similar with the sea oats too. Gotta love our props! Nothing like Mother Nature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cooler temps are going to make Ft. Desoto an even better place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful skywatch you have here, even a bird I can see.. :) You have a nice blog and I've watched some of your photos. I'm sorry to see the birds beeing hurt so badly in your post above here!! :/ And glad people are there to help them.. :)

    ReplyDelete