Monday, December 20, 2010

Hanging out with a great egret - My World Tuesday






These pictures of the great egret were taken in early November. Back when it was warm (meaning over 70 degrees). I was at Fort Desoto and came across this egret that kept hopping and flying around the north beach marsh. He kept me entertained for quite a while. You can almost always find egrets hanging around the marsh but I don't know if it's always the same ones. Do they live in one place or move around from park to beach a lot? If any of you up north are already tired of the snow then come down to Florida for a visit. It's cold here but not as cold as it is up there!

Go and check out more MyWorld images at the MyWorld Site! http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Surely looks a lot warmer and inviting than most of the entries today that are so full of SNOW!! I think I'll take egrets! Terrific captures, Dina, as always! Have a great week! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are awesome so close and clear like you made friends hanging out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really super photos. Boom & Gary of The Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful captures!! Absolutely stunning. Last year at this time while I was visiting TX, they were everywhere! But this year, I've only seen a handful in a distant farmer's pond while passing by in a car. Maybe I'll get lucky soon.

    ReplyDelete