Monday, December 27, 2010

The usual backyard visitors - My World Tuesday


The above juvenile red shouldered hawk has been hanging around our backyard for a couple of weeks now. He found a piece of fish that the osprey left on the dock.


Sitting in our neighbor's back yard.

The resident female kingfisher was sitting on a pole sticking out of the water near our seawall.


The resident blue heron that I don't see that often showed up for a couple of hours.

She started coughing up a piece of fish she had eaten earlier. Yuk!

After the rain stopped, the hawk was drying his wings on our neighbor's sailboat mast.

I didn't see her catch the fish but she showed up a couple of docks down with a fish in her mouth.

I woke up a couple of weekends ago to a rainy day. It rained on and off all day so I stayed in and did chores. We got a lot of the usual visitors during the day to our backyard. I kept peeking out the back sliding glass doors every half hour and was able to take the above pictures over the course of the day.

Go and check out more MyWorld images at the MyWorld Site! http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Great bird shots. The kingfisher is one that I have seen but never been able to capture on film or sensor. The blue heron is new to me. Great blue herons are common near me but not the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful visitors and great shots Dina.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, you have lovely visitors. Great shots of the kingfisher.

    ReplyDelete