Sunday, December 5, 2010

Quiet Sunday afternoon at Fort Desoto


Dowitchers trying to sleep.

Great blue heron goes flying by.


Looks like a black tern in non-breeding colors. This was the only one I saw in flock of laughing gulls.
Herring gull.
Flock of skimmers and sandwich terns. I think the black tern was in this crowd.  Someone came walking by and scared them.


Skimmer flying by.

A recent Sunday afternoon at Fort Desoto was pretty quiet. Even though the peak tourist season is over there were still a lot of people hanging around the north beach. I didn't see anything different or unusual there on this trip. I did see a bald eagle fly by from very far away. It was too far to even try and crop but it was the first time I had seen one fly over the beach. Now that the weather is absolutely perfect I'll be headed there a lot more.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! You captured some lovely images here! I love them all, but was esp. enamored with the pictures that you got 'on the wing'. Amazing! I've had the good fortune to bird FL a few times, and I've loved every minute of my trips.

    ReplyDelete