Saturday, April 30, 2011

A few non-bird animals at Circle B Bar Reserve


Always lots of alligators around.


My first wild pig sighting. Thrilling, huh?


There's always tons of cute turtles along the trail.


Fish were coming through the pipes between the ponds and flopping around the rocks until they made it into the pond.

There's always something interesting to find at Circle B Bar Reserve in Lakeland. Sometimes you forget to look around for other things besides birds. I never thought to notice the fish but I was standing right above the pipes that run the water through the different ponds and saw something shiny flopping around in the water. I'm surprised there weren't any birds around at the time. Seems like the fish would have been any easy meal. Maybe all the birds were full from breakfast there and were napping (it was getting close to lunch).  I've always heard about the wild pigs running around and hadn't seen any until my recent trip. A big mom was across the creek at the beginning of Alligator Alley so I couldn't see her too well. I saw one piglet hiding in the bushes but it never came out.

3 comments:

  1. Those are great shots! Especially love the fish one! We have lots of wild boar in Texas - mostly we see them dead on roadways or after folks trap them, shoot them and lay their carcasses out for the buzzards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great collection! All shots have turned out like magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wealth of wildlife you have to photograph. Love the cactus pictures in the skywatch shots. Great work. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete