Saturday, April 9, 2011

A strange family - Mama swan and baby goose





I'm not quite sure of the story behind this family.  At Lake Morton there's an adult black swan who is taking care of a baby goose. The swan follows the baby around and stays really close. She treats it as if it were her own baby. I don't know if the geese parents abandoned the baby or somehow eggs got mixed up. There's a lot of both swans and geese at the lake. I had seen a picture of the baby on a fellow flickr's stream  Mike's picture and thought I'd stop by the lake and see if I could find it. Sure enough, wandering around the crowd of people feeding the wildlife was the baby goose and mom swan. They made a cute family.

3 comments:

  1. that's adorable!!! i hope the baby grows up to be a healthy goose who still enjoys hanging with both species! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever the reason,I'm happy for them! Adorable baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, that's so neat! What great pictures. They look so sweet.

    ReplyDelete