Sunday, December 4, 2011

Backyard critters


Eastern phoebe sitting on my fence. He's becoming a regular visitor.


I think this is a palm warbler, sitting on my fence.


Flock of white ibis sitting on my boat lift. That first one has a dirty beak.


Male house finch looking at me through the window.


Stray cat hanging around our backyard. I tried to shoo him away thinking he might scare away the little birds. He just kept rolling over and acting like he wanted me to pet him. No way, I stayed far away. He didn't have a collar. He knows he's being cute. I'm sure someone in the neighborhood is feeding him.

9 comments:

  1. I haven't a clue how to take photographs of birds. Yours are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the first shot - almost looks like you put it in sepia, but i bet that's natural lighting. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shots! I especially like the Phoebe and the three Ibises.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those little birds, Dina, and the cat is cute. I would have rubbed his tummy! LOL
    -- K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outside cats are definitely bad news for birds...you could always introduce it to your garden hose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. terrific photos! We had a Phoebe nest on our porch this summer. She produced one little one. It was fun to watch the process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom kept a super soaker in her kitchen for spraying the neighbor's cats- good luck! And could we please trade yard birds???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dina, your shots are soooo good ... what lens are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What? Thats my cat! Thats my cat! Wow! I cant beleive u took a pic of my cat! And its a She

    ReplyDelete