Thursday, December 15, 2011

Yellow flowers everywhere - Skywatch Friday








My black Friday after Thanksgiving was actually a bright yellow Friday. I headed out to Circle B Bar Reserve with my friend Pam and her hubby for a walk through the park. For 3 hours we hiked the trails and the above was our view every step of the way.  I've been told these are bur marigolds. Every year in the fall around mid November they bloom. The park is covered with them. It's a beautiful sight to see when walking the trails. It's still a little early for some of the winter birds to arrive but it's worth going to see the flowers. They should bloom until we get a good freeze sometime in January. I hope they are still there around the holidays because I hope to get out there to look for the white pelicans that migrate in for a short time. Keeping our fingers crossed, they should start arriving by Christmas.

For more skyscape photography from around the world, visit Skywatch Friday

11 comments:

  1. wow! i was really enjoying the marigolds and the egret, then bam! that last shot is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the festive header! And man that Limpkin is awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, Dina. I love the first shot a lot, and the last two even more.

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, the picture with the flying birds is amazing !


    daily athens photo

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! Beautiful Dina!!! I hope you will consider sending me an email about what you are grateful for to add to this year's gratitude word quilt. It will be posted on my blog on Dec 31st. I am collecting expressions of gratitude from around the world. Enjoy the weekend's skies, blue, grey, or filled with a pallet of many colors!
    Gentle steps,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. A hard freeze waiting till January! We are all saying how unseasonably warm it is here!! Above freezing in the middle of December!
    But I love those yellow flowers! I will take all the shots you can send!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yellow flowers are beautiful. Thank you for sharing such beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All beautiful but just love that last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Especially that last shot: crisp, sharp and a wonderful bckground, excellent!
    Best regards, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dina, beautiful photos! I love the yellow flowers and the egret.Happy Skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures and beautiful yellow flowers!
    The two last shots of the birds are great!

    ReplyDelete