Monday, December 19, 2011

Backyard visitors


Green heron on my dock. You can see the neighbor's pool slide behind him.


The female kingfisher was yelling about something. That's her "I'm on alert." pose with her tail sticking up in the air. Once she saw me in the window she took off down the channel.


Juvenile red shouldered hawk on my neighbor's dock.


Yuck! It was so windy that morning, the osprey couldn't carry that big old fish all the way up to the top of the sail mast so he stopped on one of the bars lower down on mast.

Just a few birds from my backyard last weekend. All pictures taken through a window, either the bedroom or dining room.


Also, check out more birds at CLICK THIS PICTURE!

19 comments:

  1. always love to see what you get on a regular basis there. that plucky little kingfisher is adorable! and the hawk and heron are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are great, but the osprey shot is really great. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the kingfisher. Isn't she wonderful?

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous visitors! Great captures. You are ever alert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome photos, Dina! Love the hawk and osprey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great images! I find my family room window makes a great blind but the optics in the double pane glass leaves a lot to be desired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the best backyard birds ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos. You see a wonderful variety of birds through your windows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool backyard birds, the kingfisher is my favorite shot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. each one, a fascinating, clear photograph. I loved the little kingfisher looking so perky; such character.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The kingfisher is quite a sight! Your header photo made le laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You get some great backyard visitors Dina.
    I love that Osprey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The kingfisher certain;y looks irate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a vital avain world you live in Dina. All anyone has to do is look up and down your pages to understand that. Bird envy could be a problem!
    It's always a pleasure Dina, Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the herons and kingfisher and I can usually hear the kingfishers before I see them..great photos....

    ReplyDelete
  16. You definitely have a view enviable by most any birder Dina. I love them all and I too find the Belted Kingfisher most flighty of species, but I love the way the announce themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You already know how much I love Red-shouldered Hawks, and your image is grand! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete