Sunday, December 11, 2011

Botanical Gardens at 50mm


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Entrance to the Florida Botancial Gardens.


Fish tiles in the wedding garden.


Kumquats against the blue sky.


English garden (in central Florida).

Yes, it almost looks like fall.


I stopped by the Florida Botanical Gardens over Thanksgiving weekend to test out my new 50mm lens. All of the above were taken with it. It was a beautiful afternoon. After a few cold nights, the leaves are starting to turn. We do have a slight fall here, if you can ignore the palm trees. The gardens were just starting to decorate for their Christmas lights at night. I'm going to try and head back there one night to get some holiday light pictures. The only disappointing thing about the trip is that I saw almost zero birds. I think there might have been a few mockingbirds hanging around. I was hoping to at least see some migrating ducks but no such luck.

5 comments:

  1. No birds but beautiful colors to compensate for that! Love the blue sky with the orange fruits.

    Best regards Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fish in your photo were much more cooperative than the ones on my blog! What neat tile work.

    Love the first photo, so, so busy with color and so intriguing and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup, the first thing i did was see Christmas wreaths against palm trees and thought, how interesting... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful sunny images Dina.. just what I needed to see... it's cold and very wet in England today..

    ReplyDelete