Monday, December 12, 2011

Birds and ducks at Circle B Bar Reserve


Blue wing teals swimming together.


Coot walking across the water.


I think this is a female blue wing teal coming in for a landing.


Glossy ibis up close. They usually stay pretty far away from the trail but this one was sitting right along the trail. Sometimes I'm so amazed at the colors of a bird. I love the beautiful pale pink perfectly curved beak, the hint of white around the eyes and the deep burgundy in the feathers.


Great egret flyby.


Then he goes for a fish.


Butterflies are still everywhere.

The Friday after Thanksgiving, I headed out to Circle B Bar reserve with my friend Pam and her hubby. We walked the trails for 3 hours and the above was all we found. There were tons of photographers there and everyone was complaining how slow it was in terms of unusual birds or ducks. And of course, still no sign of the bobcat that everyone is taking pictures of. But instead of a black Friday, we had yellow Friday. More on that to follow.


Also, check out more birds at CLICK THIS PICTURE!

15 comments:

  1. you got some great action shots here! love the egret catch and the coot 'walk'. the glossy ibis is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Dina!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous birds! And your captures are terrific, Dina! I, too, love your action shots! Hope you have a great week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificent photos! I love the egret catching the fish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do such a great job catching them in action!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there - what a great set of pictures - really like the ibis.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic shots! Love the egret with the fish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great selection Dina.
    I love the Ibis; and that last shot of the Egret is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All wonderful to see Dina and I loved seeing the Ibis... as I sit here it's freezing wet and blowing a gale outside...
    You show me a butterfly and I am starting to wish my life away.. roll on next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos of the birds you did see. I especially like the "coot walking on water".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures. I stand in awe at anyone who takes such outstanding photos. Maybe someday in my next life!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful birds and great photos, Dina! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all of comments everyone. Sorry about the freezing up north. It's still sunny and 80 degrees here. I would be happy with 60 degrees for a while. I won't be posting too many birds in the snow pictures. I do enjoy seeing those from everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, fabulous, Dina. All those birds, and butterflies as well! Keep those summery photos coming. We need them up here in The Great North Waste.

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete